Grand Junction Injury Attorney
Personal Injury Claims in Colorado
Our team is prepared to obtain the financial compensation you need to heal from your injuries, whether your case goes to court or is settled outside. We’re able to hold negligent drivers, companies, and other entities responsible for their actions through thorough investigations, gathering evidence, and communicating with insurance companies. We’ve been through this process countless times and know exactly what to look for to strengthen your claim and make a case for your desired – and deserved – amount.
Our team has handled thousands of cases collectively and is able to use our experiences to help clients who have been injured in:
- Auto accidents
- Burn injuries
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Explosion cases
- Government benefits claims
- Minor settlements
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability
- Spinal injuries
- Brain injuries
- Skiing accidents
- Stray voltage electricity cases
- Workers’ comp and third-party claims
- Wrongful death
Injuries vary widely depending on the accident and can include whiplash, abrasions, and fractures and sprains, burns, broken bones, amputations, spinal cord and neck injuries, and head and brain trauma. Even an injury as minor as a headache can be a symptom of a more serious injury, though, which is why it’s crucial that you seek medical attention immediately following your accident before you do anything else.
Factors in a Personal Injury Settlement
Many people think that when you hire an attorney, you will most likely go to court. Although it is impossible to predict what happens in each case, most cases settle outside of court, saving you time, money and stress of a trial. Our goal is to give you the compensation you need.
Here, we will provide some of the factors that go into obtaining a personal injury settlement:
- In the beginning, a lot of work may be done, such as acquiring photographs, witness statements, medical reports, etc., so we can gather and verify how the accident happened and to find who was exactly at fault.
- We cannot proceed further until we are advised by your doctor that you have been released and have recovered from your injuries or your physical condition has been normalized. At that point, we can begin getting records, medical reports and bills. This process may take some time as health care providers are usually slow to prepare reports.
- The next step to take into account is to negotiate an offer from the insurance company involved. This is another source of the process slowing down because each case is reviewed by multiple insurance employees. When an offer is taken, this will promptly be sent to you for you to look at, and we will discuss the possible courses of action.
- If Doehling Law is unable to obtain a fair settlement with the company through negotiations, we will file a personal injury lawsuit. The defendants that were brought into the case normally have 30 days from the time they get the lawsuit and have to file a response to the document. There may be several defendants or a single defendant who will bring other defendants into the lawsuit.
After the defendants have filed their "answers," the proceedings are started, which may include depositions of witnesses, parties and experts. Doehling Law will instruct and assist you in the whole process and may use discovery devices to help with your claim. Discovery can be expensive and time-consuming given the complexity of any given case.
- After discovery is finished, a trial date is requested. The assignment of the trial date is beyond the control of any party to the lawsuit but depends on how busy the court is.
Protecting You Against Financial Peril After a Serious Injury
If you or someone you love has suffered severe injuries in a personal injury accident, you face many challenges, including medical bills, lost wages and the personal turmoil involved with recovering from significant injuries. Not the least of the challenges you will face consists in choosing the right legal team to represent your interests.
At Doehling Law, our injury attorneys represent clients in Grand Junction, in Aspen and throughout the western Colorado area, as well as eastern Utah. We handle cases involving car accidents, slips and falls, wrongful death lawsuits, and a wide range of other claims.
Do Not Let an Insurance Company Intimidate or Take Advantage of You
One major issue that victims can find themselves facing after their accident is communicating with insurance companies. Though individuals may assume that insurance companies care about the health and safety of those injured, the reality is that companies are looking to save money and to avoid having to compensate those injured by negligence. Insurance adjusters frequently lure victims into saying things that can be used against them in their cases, which can overall reduce the amount of compensation the victim is entitled to.
At Doehling Law, we have more than 40 years of combined experience working with insurance companies. When you hire our firm, we immediately take over all future correspondence with insurance companies. We know what strategies and loopholes they take to undermine and minimize policyholders' claims, and can protect you and your rights to compensation. With this experience, we can anticipate their moves to give our clients an edge, which usually results in a more favorable compensation award.
Committed to Injured Clients in Colorado
At Doehling Law, our legal team is passionate about serving our Colorado community. In all of the personal injury claims we handle, the client comes first. Our own lead attorney, Gary Doehling, has lived in the Grand Junction area for decades and has successfully settled countless injury cases for clients in the community.
While we do all of the legal work for you so you can focus on recovering from your injuries, we will always keep you at the heart of the decision-making process. And we can explain how medical costs paid for by Medicare or VA benefits will affect a possible settlement down the road.
The insurance company agents will be calling you and trying to settle your case quickly. Question their motives. They may hope to settle your claim before you can meet with a lawyer and learn about your rights.
When you call us, you can rest assured knowing you’re calling for direct access to an attorney – there are no middlemen here. Through honest communication and accessibility, we strive to understand the needs of clients so we can better serve you.
The first thing you should do after a severe accident is to seek the appropriate medical treatment. Then, talk with an experienced lawyer. The sooner you contact us, the more we can do to preserve critical evidence, contact witnesses and prepare a strong case for you.
To schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney at Doehling Law, please send us an email.