Personal Injury Attorneys in Grand Junction
Representing Injured Clients Throughout Western Colorado & Eastern Utah
Our Colorado personal injury attorneys are prepared to obtain the financial compensation you need to heal from your injuries, whether your case goes to court or is settled outside. We’re able to hold negligent drivers, companies, and other entities responsible for their actions through thorough investigations, gathering evidence, and communicating with insurance companies. We’ve been through this process countless times and know exactly what to look for to strengthen your claim and make a case for your desired – and deserved – amount.
To learn more about your personal injury rights, call (970) 292-7171 to schedule a free consultation. We have convenient locations in Western Colorado and service the Eastern Utah area. Hablamos español.
On This Page
- Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
- Grand Junction Worker's Compensation Lawyers
- Personal Injury Case Timeline
- How Long Do You Have to File a Claim or Lawsuit?
- Factors That Affect Personal Injury Settlements
- Why You Should Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
- What Are Common Injuries in a Colorado Personal Injury Lawsuit?
- Compassionate, Caring Representation
- Do Not Let an Insurance Company Intimidate or Take Advantage of You
- Commitment to Injured Clients in Colorado
Our Colorado personal injury lawyers have handled thousands of cases collectively and is able to use our experiences to help clients who have been injured in:
- Auto accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Burn injuries
- Government benefits claims
- Motorcycle accidents
- Spinal injuries
- Skiing accidents
- Workers’ comp and third-party claims
- Explosion cases
- Minor settlements
- Premises liability
- Brain injuries
- Stray voltage electricity cases
- Wrongful death
Injuries vary widely depending on the accident and can include whiplash, abrasions, and fractures and sprains, burns, broken bones, amputations, spinal cord and neck injuries, and head and brain trauma. Even an injury as minor as a headache can be a symptom of a more serious injury, though, which is why it’s crucial that you seek medical attention immediately following your accident before you do anything else.
We have successfully settled most workers' compensation claims in Western Colorado due to our extensive background in workers' compensation claims and our reputation for success.
- Medical care that is reasonable and necessary
- Disability for a limited period of time
- Partially disabled for life
- Injuries caused by repetitive stress
Workers' compensation claims can be handled by our firm in many ways, including developing a plan of action, filing the initial claim, handling administrative appeals, and pursuing any necessary federal appeals. Assisting people who have been injured in getting proper medical care will help them to recover. A work-related injury can sometimes result in lost earnings and difficult times for families.
Colorado’s statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years from the date of the accident. The clock starts ticking on that two-year period as soon as you are injured, so it’s essential to contact an attorney right away to make sure your claim is filed in time. There are exceptions to this rule, but to truly understand the deadlines that apply to your particular case, you need to consult a Colorado injury attorney. Additionally, some medical malpractice claims have a shorter statute of limitations, which may be as little as six months.
When it comes to Colorado personal injury lawsuits, there are a number of factors that can affect the outcome. These include the type and severity of your injuries, any negligence on behalf of another party or entity, and how much insurance coverage is available. Additionally, other issues such as statutes of limitations and comparative negligence may also play a role in determining the amount you receive from an injury lawsuit. With so many variables at play in personal injury claims, having experienced Colorado injury lawyers to guide you through the process can be invaluable for ensuring that you get fair compensation for your damages.
There are many other factors taken into consideration when settling a personal injury claim. These include:
- The extent and seriousness of your injuries (including pain and suffering)
- Your future medical needs
- Lost wages due to time away from work
- Loss of future income due to inability to work
- Loss of consortium (loss of companionship and spousal support)
- Property damage
Hiring a personal injury lawyer can provide several benefits if you have been seriously injured. Personal injury laws in Colorado can be complex and vary by jurisdiction. A skilled personal injury lawyer has in-depth knowledge of these laws and can navigate the legal system on your behalf. They can provide expert advice on the strength of your case, applicable statutes of limitations, and potential legal strategies.
Hiring a skilled Colorado personal injury lawyer can lead to higher compensation compared to when handling your case on your own. At Doehling Law, our personal injury attorneys know how to leverage their expertise and will advocate for your rights zealously.
The type injury you have can have a significant effect on the outcome of a Colorado personal injury lawsuit. Injury types vary widely depending on the accident and can include anything from whiplash to chronic pain to disabling fractures. All of these types of injuries can lead to medical expenses that must be taken into account when filing a claim or lawsuit in Colorado. With so many variables at play in personal injury claims it is essential to have experienced Colorado injury lawyers to guide you through the process to ensure fair compensation for your damages.
Common injuries in a personal injury lawsuit include:
- Broken Bones: Fractures, sprains and strains caused by car accidents, slips and falls or other incidents are the most common injuries in personal injury cases.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): Head trauma that can result in permanent disability, loss of coordination and even death.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Damage to the spinal cord resulting in paralysis or reduced sensation is a life changing injury with long-term consequences.
- Burns: Burns from auto accidents, explosions or fires may require costly medical treatments including skin grafts and rehabilitation therapy.
- Scarring/Disfigurement: Permanent scars from motorcycle crashes, construction site incidents or animal attacks can be both physically painful and emotionally traumatic.
- Amputations: Loss of limbs due to workplace accidents, defective products or automobile collisions can leave survivors unable to work for months or years after an accident.
- Soft Tissue Injury: Sprained muscles, torn ligaments and whiplash are common types of soft tissue injuries usually sustained during vehicle collisions but also often seen from playground accidents, sporting activities and physical assaults.
Contact our Grand Junction personal injury lawyers by calling (970) 292-7171. Our team is proud to serve clients in need throughout the great state of Colorado and Eastern Utah.
Many people think that when you hire an attorney, you will most likely go to court. Although it is impossible to predict what happens in each case, most cases settle outside of court, saving you time, money and stress of a trial. Our goal is to give you the compensation you need.
Here, we will provide some of the factors that go into obtaining a personal injury settlement:
- In the beginning, a lot of work may be done, such as acquiring photographs, witness statements, medical reports, etc., so we can gather and verify how the accident happened and to find who was exactly at fault.
- We cannot proceed further until we are advised by your doctor that you have been released and have recovered from your injuries or your physical condition has been normalized. At that point, we can begin getting records, medical reports and bills. This process may take some time as health care providers are usually slow to prepare reports.
- The next step to take into account is to negotiate an offer from the insurance company involved. This is another source of the process slowing down because each case is reviewed by multiple insurance employees. When an offer is taken, this will promptly be sent to you for you to look at, and we will discuss the possible courses of action.
- If Doehling Law is unable to obtain a fair settlement with the company through negotiations, we will file a personal injury lawsuit. The defendants that were brought into the case normally have 30 days from the time they get the lawsuit and have to file a response to the document. There may be several defendants or a single defendant who will bring other defendants into the lawsuit.
- After the defendants have filed their "answers," the proceedings are started, which may include depositions of witnesses, parties and experts. Doehling Law will instruct and assist you in the whole process and may use discovery devices to help with your claim. Discovery can be expensive and time-consuming given the complexity of any given case.
- After discovery is finished, a trial date is requested. The assignment of the trial date is beyond the control of any party to the lawsuit but depends on how busy the court is.
If you or someone you love has suffered severe injuries in a personal injury accident, you face many challenges, including medical bills, lost wages and the personal turmoil involved with recovering from significant injuries. Not the least of the challenges you will face consists in choosing the right legal team to represent your interests.
At Doehling Law, our legal team is passionate about serving our Colorado community. In all of the personal injury claims we handle, the client comes first. Our founder, Gary Doehling who is now Of Counsel, has lived in the Grand Junction area for decades and has successfully settled countless injury cases for clients in the community.
While we do all of the legal work for you so you can focus on recovering from your injuries, we will always keep you at the heart of the decision-making process. And we can explain how medical costs paid for by Medicare or VA benefits will affect a possible settlement down the road.
The insurance company agents will be calling you and trying to settle your case quickly. Question their motives. They may hope to settle your claim before you can meet with a lawyer and learn about your rights.
When you call us, you can rest assured knowing you’re calling for direct access to an attorney – there are no middlemen here. Through honest communication and accessibility, we strive to understand the needs of clients so we can better serve you.
Our Grand Junction personal injury attorneys want to make sure that you get the compensation that you deserve and need. You can call us at (970) 292-7171.
One major issue that victims can find themselves facing after their accident is communicating with insurance companies. Though individuals may assume that insurance companies care about the health and safety of those injured, the reality is that companies are looking to save money and to avoid having to compensate those injured by negligence. Insurance adjusters frequently lure victims into saying things that can be used against them in their cases, which can overall reduce the amount of compensation the victim is entitled to. This is why it is so important to speak to a Grand Junction car accident lawyer before you speak with an insurance adjuster.
At Doehling Law, we have more than 60 years of combined experience working with insurance companies. When you hire our firm, we immediately take over all future correspondence with insurance companies. We know what strategies and loopholes they take to undermine and minimize policyholders' claims, and can protect you and your rights to compensation. With this experience, we can anticipate their moves to give our clients an edge, which usually results in a more favorable compensation award.
Over 60 Years of Combined Experience with Personal Injury Cases
Our accident attorneys have a wealth of experience handling personal injury cases and are knowledgeable about the legal system to assist in your potential case.
Local Team of Accident Attorneys
Our attorneys are based in the same area as their clients and are familiar with the local laws and court systems.
Personalized & Compassionate Representation
We work closely with each client to understand their unique situation and provide support and guidance throughout the legal process.
Direct Access to an Accident Attorney
Our clients will have the opportunity to speak directly with their attorney who is handling their case, providing clear communication and personalized support.
Insider Understanding of the Insurance Industry & Their Contributions to Injury Cases
Our accident attorneys have knowledge and experience dealing with insurance companies and their practices, making us well-equipped to handle a wide variety of personal injury cases.
No Recovery, No Fee!
There are no fees unless we win or settle your case, providing a financial risk-free service.
After Hours & Weekend Appointments Available
Our attorneys are flexible and accommodating to their clients' schedules, offering appointments outside of regular business hours.
Spanish Consultations Available
We offer consultations and services in Spanish, making our legal representation more accessible to the Spanish-speaking community.
Pedestrian Accident $1,300,000
Professional Liability $950,000
Neck & Back Injury from Bicycle Accident $800,000
Jury Verdict: Vehicle vs. Tractor $767,000
Cervical Fusion from Golf Cart Accident $750,000
“They are helping with a legal issue. Very professional and caring. Recommend this firm.”- Rudi M.
“Did a very good job of communicating. Very professional and truly worked in my best interest all along.”- Chris B.
“We felt well represented by Doehling Law, our interests and concerns were taken care of and we appreciate everything that was done for us.”- Roxie K.
“They resolved my claim in a timely matter and gave closure to an uncertain future, I cannot thank them enough for their persistence to detail and dedication to do what is right.”- Carl C.
“The settlement Doehling Law obtained was for the maximum amount available from the defendant's insurance coverage which was accomplished by negotiating and did not require a trial.”- Andrew C.
The first thing you should do after a severe accident is to seek the appropriate medical treatment. Then, talk with an experienced lawyer. The sooner you contact us, the more we can do to preserve critical evidence, contact witnesses and prepare a strong case for you. We have convenient office located throughout the Western Slope of Colorado and service Eastern Utah communities. Hablamos español.