Personal Injury Lawyer Colorado
Representing Clients in Grand Junction, Montrose, Telluride & Communities Throughout Colorado and Eastern Utah
Our Colorado personal injury attorneys are prepared to obtain the financial compensation you need to heal from your injuries, whether your case goes to court or is settled outside. We’re able to hold negligent drivers, companies, and other entities responsible for their actions through thorough investigations, gathering evidence, and communicating with insurance companies. We’ve been through this process countless times and know exactly what to look for to strengthen your claim and make a case for your desired – and deserved – amount.
On This Page
- Types of Cases We Handle
- Personal Injury Case Timeline
- Factors in a Personal Injury Settlement
- Dealing With Insurance Companies
- How Doehling Law Can Help
Types of Personal Injury Cases we Handle in Colorado and Eastern Utah
Our Colorado personal injury lawyers have handled thousands of cases collectively and is able to use our experiences to help clients who have been injured in:
- Auto accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Burn injuries
- Government benefits claims
- Motorcycle accidents
- Spinal injuries
- Skiing accidents
- Workers’ comp and third-party claims
- Explosion cases
- Minor settlements
- Premises liability
- Brain injuries
- Stray voltage electricity cases
- Wrongful death
Injuries vary widely depending on the accident and can include whiplash, abrasions, and fractures and sprains, burns, broken bones, amputations, spinal cord and neck injuries, and head and brain trauma. Even an injury as minor as a headache can be a symptom of a more serious injury, though, which is why it’s crucial that you seek medical attention immediately following your accident before you do anything else.
Grand Junction Worker's Compensation Lawyers
We have successfully settled most workers' compensation claims in Western Colorado due to our extensive background in workers' compensation claims and our reputation for success.
- Medical care that is reasonable and necessary
- Disability for a limited period of time
- Partially disabled for life
- Injuries caused by repetitive stress
Workers' compensation claims can be handled by our firm in many ways, including developing a plan of action, filing the initial claim, handling administrative appeals, and pursuing any necessary federal appeals. Assisting people who have been injured in getting proper medical care will help them to recover. A work-related injury can sometimes result in lost earnings and difficult times for families.
Personal Injury Timeline
Pedestrian Accident $1,300,000
Professional Liability $950,000
Neck & Back Injury from Bicycle Accident $800,000
Jury Verdict: Vehicle vs. Tractor $767,000
Cervical Fusion from Golf Cart Accident $750,000
Many people think that when you hire an attorney, you will most likely go to court. Although it is impossible to predict what happens in each case, most cases settle outside of court, saving you time, money and stress of a trial. Our goal is to give you the compensation you need.
Here, we will provide some of the factors that go into obtaining a personal injury settlement:
- In the beginning, a lot of work may be done, such as acquiring photographs, witness statements, medical reports, etc., so we can gather and verify how the accident happened and to find who was exactly at fault.
- We cannot proceed further until we are advised by your doctor that you have been released and have recovered from your injuries or your physical condition has been normalized. At that point, we can begin getting records, medical reports and bills. This process may take some time as health care providers are usually slow to prepare reports.
- The next step to take into account is to negotiate an offer from the insurance company involved. This is another source of the process slowing down because each case is reviewed by multiple insurance employees. When an offer is taken, this will promptly be sent to you for you to look at, and we will discuss the possible courses of action.
- If Doehling Law is unable to obtain a fair settlement with the company through negotiations, we will file a personal injury lawsuit. The defendants that were brought into the case normally have 30 days from the time they get the lawsuit and have to file a response to the document. There may be several defendants or a single defendant who will bring other defendants into the lawsuit.
- After the defendants have filed their "answers," the proceedings are started, which may include depositions of witnesses, parties and experts. Doehling Law will instruct and assist you in the whole process and may use discovery devices to help with your claim. Discovery can be expensive and time-consuming given the complexity of any given case.
- After discovery is finished, a trial date is requested. The assignment of the trial date is beyond the control of any party to the lawsuit but depends on how busy the court is.
One major issue that victims can find themselves facing after their accident is communicating with insurance companies. Though individuals may assume that insurance companies care about the health and safety of those injured, the reality is that companies are looking to save money and to avoid having to compensate those injured by negligence. Insurance adjusters frequently lure victims into saying things that can be used against them in their cases, which can overall reduce the amount of compensation the victim is entitled to.
At Doehling Law, we have more than 40 years of combined experience working with insurance companies. When you hire our firm, we immediately take over all future correspondence with insurance companies. We know what strategies and loopholes they take to undermine and minimize policyholders' claims, and can protect you and your rights to compensation. With this experience, we can anticipate their moves to give our clients an edge, which usually results in a more favorable compensation award.
Committed to Injured Clients in Colorado
If you or someone you love has suffered severe injuries in a personal injury accident, you face many challenges, including medical bills, lost wages and the personal turmoil involved with recovering from significant injuries. Not the least of the challenges you will face consists in choosing the right legal team to represent your interests.
At Doehling Law, our legal team is passionate about serving our Colorado community. In all of the personal injury claims we handle, the client comes first. Our own lead attorney, Gary Doehling, has lived in the Grand Junction area for decades and has successfully settled countless injury cases for clients in the community.
While we do all of the legal work for you so you can focus on recovering from your injuries, we will always keep you at the heart of the decision-making process. And we can explain how medical costs paid for by Medicare or VA benefits will affect a possible settlement down the road.
The insurance company agents will be calling you and trying to settle your case quickly. Question their motives. They may hope to settle your claim before you can meet with a lawyer and learn about your rights.
When you call us, you can rest assured knowing you’re calling for direct access to an attorney – there are no middlemen here. Through honest communication and accessibility, we strive to understand the needs of clients so we can better serve you.
“Gary made sure that all avenues were explored for getting me the highest award possible, kept me informed of the status of the claims, and expressed great empathy and kindness during my painful recovery.”- Denise M.
“They are helping with a legal issue. Very professional and caring. Recommend this firm.”- Rudi M.
“Did a very good job of communicating. Very professional and truly worked in my best interest all along.”- Chris B.
“We felt well represented by Doehling Law, our interests and concerns were taken care of and we appreciate everything that was done for us.”- Roxie K.
“They resolved my claim in a timely matter and gave closure to an uncertain future, I cannot thank them enough for their persistence to detail and dedication to do what is right.”- Carl C.
The first thing you should do after a severe accident is to seek the appropriate medical treatment. Then, talk with an experienced lawyer. The sooner you contact us, the more we can do to preserve critical evidence, contact witnesses and prepare a strong case for you.