Anticipation, Preparation, Dedication
View Our Practice Areas

What damages can I receive after a car accident?

When you get into a car accident due to another person's negligence, distraction or intent to cause harm, it's wise to review the kinds of damages you can claim. You're not limited to seeking only compensation for the damage to your vehicle or only compensation for medical bills. In fact, there are several kinds of damages you could be entitled to that your attorney can help you obtain.

The first thing you can obtain through a claim are your medical expenses. These expenses aren't just immediate hospital bills. They include ambulance fees, consultations, in-home care and other needs you may have in the future as well as in the present.

Lost wages can also be recovered through a claim. Did you miss several days of work because of the accident? Have you been disabled and no longer have the ability to work your job? In either case, the person responsible for your accident should also be held responsible for the compensation you need to live a comfortable life following an accident and injury.

Pain and suffering is something you've probably heard of in the past, and it is something you can claim for. Were you suffering from pain while you recovered? Do you now face chronic pain or other medical conditions that will affect your life from now on? In either case, you should know that you can be compensated for the injuries, pain and suffering that you've been put through. It may not stop the injury from affecting you, but compensation can give you the money you need to make yourself as comfortable as possible.

Source: FindLaw, "What Kinds of Damages May I Claim for Car Accident Injuries?," accessed Dec. 15, 2015

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Tell Me How I Can Help

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Grand Junction Office
114 N. Spruce Street
Suite 100
Grand Junction, CO 81501

Phone: 970-628-3907
Fax: 970-245-7902
Map & Directions

Aspen Office
303 Lemond Place
PO Box 5918
Snowmass Village, CO 81615

Phone: 970-628-3907
Fax: 970-245-7902
Map & Directions

Crested Butte Office
319 Elk Avenue
Suite 5
Crested Butte, CO 81224

Phone: 970-628-3907
Fax: 970-245-7902
Map & Directions

Glenwood Springs Office
1607 Grand Ave.
Suite 24
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601

Phone: 970-628-3907
Fax: 970-245-7902
Map & Directions

Montrose Office
335 S. 5th St.
Montrose, Colorado 81401

Map & Directions