How Will Your Lawsuit Affect Your Medicaid?

If you are currently receiving Medicaid benefits or other federal needs-based financial assistance and were injured in an accident, you don't have to be afraid to pursue a claim for the compensation you deserve. Just because you are receiving Medicaid benefits does not mean you cannot pursue a claim against the party who caused your injuries.

Pursuing that claim will allow you to be compensated for all of the damages, not just medical treatment. There are legal options that will enable you to protect your assets from being counted against you.

Offices In Grand Junction, Glenwood Springs And Aspen

Doehling Law is recognized as one of the pre-eminent personal injury litigation firms serving clients in communities along the Front Range, Western Slope and mountains resort areas in Colorado.

We offer a free consultation to discuss the circumstances of your accident and explain how a settlement or jury award may affect your eligibility for Medicaid and other public assistance. Call us to discuss your questions with one of our attorneys — 970-628-3907.

Why Consider Setting Up A Self-Settled Special Needs Trust

In 1993, Congress passed a law enabling injured persons to set up a self-settled special needs trust with the compensation received for their injuries. Under the law, money placed into the trust will not be counted as income or assets regarding Medicaid eligibility.

Also, money placed into the trust cannot be used to reimburse the government for medical treatment paid through the federal Medicare or VA benefits program.

If You Are On Needs-Based Medical Assistance, Call Us For Medicaid Planning

We can also explain how you can pursue a claim against the at-fault party even if you are receiving Medicare, Medicaid or Veterans Administration Benefits. Call us at 970-628-3907, or send an email with a brief description of your injuries.

Our lawyers handle all personal injury litigation cases on a contingency fee basis. We charge no money to investigate, prepare and litigate your case. You pay only if you recover money damages in a settlement or jury verdict.